Marching Band Contest: Kamiak
Time & Location
About The Event
Listed below is the schedule. Note, it has been adjusted slightly from a previously published schedule due to transportation logistics. We need to depart Skyview at 9:15am. District transportation officials say that there will be no eating on the bus (per covid regulations) so we will eat quickly when we arrive. There is also a change in venue- the show will be hosted at Goddard Stadium (Where it has been hosted previously) at Mariner High School, hosted by Kamiak.
- Masks must be worn at all times, even on the bus. Students may remove their masks once we enter the warm-up/performance areas.
- Food can be served as long as it is one individual per station, and they are masked and gloved. Nothing communal. Ex. One server per pot of chili, that server doesn't rotate, students do not serve themselves
- No eating on the bus- mask must remain in place.
My apologies for the seeming delay on these schedules. Hosts are reluctant to release schedules and policies early because so many things are constantly changing. The closer to an event information is released the more likely there will be fewer changes post announcement.
Marching Band Schedule: Kamiak Show, 10/2, @ Goddard Stadium
Hello everyone, here is the current information for our upcoming competition.
- Eat a good breakfast
- Bring a lunch/snack for the bus (students will be fed after our prelims performance). This will be consumed when we arrive- no eating on the bus itself.
- Have Black socks, athletic shorts, and show shirt (if it arrives in time)- this is all worn under your uniform.
- Change of clothes, weather appropriate jackets/gear
8:30am Arrive at SHS, Check Gear, Stretch, show review
*9:00am- Load Buses- New edited time
*9:15 am Depart Skyview- New Edited time
12:45pm Arrive at Goddard Stadium
2:45 pm Preliminary performance
3:30pm- Preliminary Awards
5:45pm- Estimated Warm up/ rehearsal time
7:10-7:25pm- Estimated Finals performance time (Determined by placement in prelims)
8:00pm- Finals Awards
8:30-9pm-Depart For SHS
11:30pm-12:00am estimated arrival time at SHS
*Trailers will be loaded on Thursday, September 30th after rehearsal.
**This is our biggest trip of the year. It will be a ton of fun! We will need volunteers to help set up basecamp in the parking lot and to help feed our students. Please contact myself or Karima if you are interested in volunteering!
Director of Bands
Skyview HS/ Alki MS